Licensed Practical NurseKamloops, BC Temporary March 3, 2022 Compensation: $40
LICENSES PRACTICAL NURSE / REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Location: Kamloops, BC
Salary: $40.00 an hour
Shifts: Midnights – Must be flexible to work different hours
- As a valued member of the team, the Registered Practical Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the quality of resident care by providing services in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- The Registered Practical Nurse is accountable for the assessment and planning of resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
- Provides for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of a RPN. Utilizes sound nursing practice principles to ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care in the assigned home area(s).
- Ensures a timely and accessible admission for the residents including a comprehensive orientation to the home and the services offered within the home.
- Ensures that resident transfers and discharges are timely and safe.
- Ensures the supply, control and safe keeping of drugs and narcotics, ensures protocols are followed on all assigned shifts.
- Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to meet the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social needs of the residents.
- Responds to all emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the ADOC, DOC or Executive Director.
- Acts as a role model for nursing team members performing within the professional guidelines of College of Nurses in the applicable province and in accordance with relevant provincial legislation requirements.
- Provides appropriate and timely reports to the Director of Care.
- Coordination of activities necessary to operate the resident home area economically and efficiently and in compliance with applicable legislation.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures that support the operational needs of the care community.
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing (BScN), Bachelor of Nursing (BN), or equivalent.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- Current registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Minimum of two years related clinical experience (experience in rehabilitation or long- term care nursing preferred).
- Successful annual completion of RAI MDS certification as per Ministry of Health requirements for AIS.
- Current AIS Certification
- Sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing including activation, activity programs, nursing and personnel administration.
- Knowledgeable with respect to the nursing process, developments and current trends in the geriatric care field.
- Job ID: JOB-304
- Posted Date: March 3, 2022
- Location: Kamloops, BC
- Compensation: $40
- Type: Temporary